Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

What was the stance the United States took on imperial expansion from 1898 - 1917?

I'm having a little trouble formulating a few paragraph on this. I'm pretty sure I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to say it. Please help!





I know the US possessed Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Nicaragua, Panama, Guam, and the Philipene Islands, among others. They'd gone from having an inward focus to an outward focus.





Did the recent sweep of industrialization have anything to do with it?


What am I missing?





Thanks in advance for your help.



They didnt like the European countries expanding their empires but they have no problem expanding their own borders. However, the U.S. didnt really consider it imperial expansion since they would say things like well only stay here for a temporary amount of time. And by temporary it just meant indefinitely. >.> I think it already started at that time where they would practise economic imperialism.




spheres of influence. that's what your question is referring to

No comments:

Post a Comment