Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

What do you think about this letter?

At work i asked my manager for extra hours he said i had to write a letter to a person called emma and then i should get the hours i want trouble is i dont remember her last name do you think this letter will be alright








dear emma





my name is chris and i am looking for extra hours to help me start some driving lessons in the near future. i am looking for a shift on a sunday preferably the same as my saturday shift as i attend a college during the week although any extra hours are appriciated thanks for taking the time to read this letter and i hope to hear from you soon.



Dear Emma





My name is Chris and I am looking for extra hours to help me start some driving lessons in the near future. I am looking for some weekend shifts. Preferably I would like Saturday and Sunday shifts to be the same, as I attend a college during the week. Any extra hours are appriciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and I hope to hear from you soon.











You do need to find out her last name because that is professional. To use just her first name is to imply that you know her personally. You want to sound as professional as possible because you want to be taken seriously. I hope this helps.




Dear Ms. Emma,





I am looking for extra hours to help pay for driving lessons and [Manager's name] referred me to you. Since I attend college during the week, I would prefer a shift on Sunday at the same time as my Saturday shift. If this is difficult to arrange, I'm not picky- any other time for me to work extra hours would be appreciated.





Thank you for taking the time to read this.





I hope to hear from you soon.





Sincerely,





Chris




you might want to put in where u work or the name of the place plus your last name. and a signature in the end with a email or a phone number were she can contact you




yup

No comments:

Post a Comment