Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

I bombed my exams this week?

So, I%26#039;m a sophomore-ish junior in college. I had 3 exams this week, and I think I screwed something up in each of them. I studied pretty hard for each exam the night before, and I knew the answer to every question when I was preparing for them.





However, when I was actually taking the test, I always missed a couple of questions. I just couldn%26#039;t recall anything... my mind went blank...





I felt so bad and so guilty afterward. I messed up all three exams. I know those stupid mistakes could%26#039;ve been avoided... I just don%26#039;t know why I couldn%26#039;t do well on the exam. I%26#039;ve been that sort of perfectionist, and I really really want to be 100% correct on every exam. (Of course, sometimes teachers make stupid and tricky exams which turn out not to be what you%26#039;ve expected.) I feel terribly freaked out when I fail to get an A in a course. Perhaps I%26#039;ve over-emphasized college in my life.





I simply can%26#039;t forgive myself for making those dumb mistakes on the exams this week. I%26#039;m feeling terribly bad... What shall I do? Please help...thanks!



You%26#039;ve got to get past it. It%26#039;s done. There is nothing you can do about it now. As for next time, try studying a little for 3 or 4 nights before the exam. Always get plenty of sleep the night before. Studies show that students who are cramming do much better sleeping the night before than staying up late to study.




Ask you teacher


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment