Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

I really need some career advice. Please please help me. Ten points to most helpful. Thank You.?

OK, so here the deal...I finished high school last year and took a year off to decide what I ultimately want to do, and finally I have come to the conclusion that I want to be an entrepreneur. I thinking about majoring in business, but I don know what specialization to choose...ANY IDEA? Also, I don really have any business ideas. If I come up with something, I kind of want to start something now. The only problem is..I don really know what industries are going to boom in the coming future. Also, I worried to do business in this economy, what do you think??? I just don know if I want to major in Business. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...





So, my questions are:





1) What specialization do you think is the best? (More job opportunities?)


2) What industries are going to boom in the future? (Best to do business in?)


3) Do you think I should start some sort of business now?


4) Is it a good idea to major in business? (Considering the recession?)



Some colleges, like Babson, actually allow you to concentrate in entrepreneurship. You'd be a business major, but your focus would be entrepreneurship.





You should major in business, if you think you'd enjoy it. It's a very flexible major - what you do with it is up to you, and depends, in large part, on which co-ops, internships, and other career-type experiences you get while you study. Even today, business majors do get hired. And by the time you graduate, this recession should be in the past.





Which specialization? Go with your strengths. For example, accoutants are always in demand. Always. But do you like accounting? If not, then don't do it.





Which industries? Medical devices, pharamceuticals, healthcare, hospitals, education, and green energy. But does that mean that you'd be a failure if your interests took you toward sports management? Absolutely not.





Starting a business now? If you have an idea, why not? Keep it small and simple at first, and build.




The economy is going to be okay. I promise. especially by the time you get ready to graduate, a lot of things can change in 4-5 years. if you want to start your own business, you need to think of what you enjoy doing. Advertising is almost always a good idea, also graphic design and marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment