Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

Financial aid help very confused?

I already signed up for financial aid and gave them all my paper work. I applied to a community college and was wondering, who do I give my financial aid to once I get it. Do you give it to them on my orientation or when I start school?



The financial aid that you get won't be sent directly to you. The school that you attend will get all the money and then if there is any left over after all the fees have been paid then they will send a refund check to you that you can keep and do whatever you want with.


Financial aid takes care of all that stuff though, so as long as you get enough financial aid you really don't have to worry about a thing.




The financial aid will get sent to your school, not to you. Basically they pay themselves with it, and if there is any left over after your tuition, etc is paid then the financial aid office will give you a check for that money.





Also, did you do all the financial aid forms for your community college too or just the FAFSA? If it was just FAFSA call your school and see if there's anything else you should do, the college should have its own forms/paperwork too.

No comments:

Post a Comment