Education & Reference

Friday, March 27, 2009

Are there any countries that offer free college to foreigners?...like American foreigners?

I was wondering if countries like Finland and Switzerland offer free education for foreigners. I'm American and would like to do my graduate years in one of these "free" countries but I'm not sure if they're only free for citizens.



As of 2010 Finland and Sweden will be joining most other EU nations in offering free/subsidised tuition fees only to other EU citizens (who have been resident for at least 3 years) and so as an American you will not qualify. Whilst having free tuition is clearly very attractive, we do actually pay for this through our higher taxes and so I'm sure you can appreciate that we're not that keen to pay for the education of an American who has never contributed to our taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment