Education & Reference

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I have been put on a waiting list by Cornell University?

I applied for freshman of fall 2009, and was put on the waiting list. Does this really mean "no", or do I still have a solid chance of getting in?





And if anyone has had this experience before, how long does it take for them to get back to you? I need to accept my acceptance from a backup college before May 1st, but I want to see if I can get into Cornell.





Thanks!



Cornell seemed big with the waiting list this year. I think that may be because they don't know what percentage of accepted students will enroll, because more intelligent people with less money would choose Cornell over say Brown for financial reasons. THey need a large window to work with. If the financial crisis has little effect on enrollments, you have a great shot of getting in. If not, you never know in what position you are on the waiting list. i know plenty of people who got into Ivy League from teh waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment