Education & Reference

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Help! I want to be a vet....?

Okay so I am graduating high school this year. I want to be a vet and get my DVM. I am so confused and lost though! I know where to go to get my DVM but I don't know how to get there.





What should I get my bachelors degree in and where should I go? I live in southern california and I am going to start out at a community college then transfer. But where do I transfer to? Please help I have looked all over a bunch of websites and my brain is ready to explode! lol



have you tried your local pet clinics, alot of times, word of mouth is the best advice, especially when ya get it from the experts. go to some of the local vet offices in your area, offer to volunteer for the summer, you need a summer job anyway if you are going to college in the fall. talk to the doggy doctors and find out what they had to do and what schools they went to. plus if you work for them for the summer, you may be able to use them as a reference in school applications...




if you can get into sac state go there and sign up for the UC Davis articulation program. you go to sac state for two years and them you are sent to UC Davis! from UC Davis you can get into a good vet school :)





good luck! maybe someday you'll help one of my pets! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment